Saturday, June 10, 2006

Catholic Priest Did Ritual Killing

Melbourne, AU -- A Catholic priest took part in satanic murders and ritual that included child sex abuse. The Catholic Church's Melbourne Archdiocese has accepted claims about the rituals as "substantially true" and paid $33,000 compensation to a man who was a victim of the rituals as a child.

The archdiocese's independent sexual abuse investigator barrister Peter O'Callaghan QC, described the details of the ritualised murder and sexual abuse provided by the victim as "extraordinary...but I have no reason or justification for doubting his credibility," Mr O'Callaghan said in a letter to the victim's lawyers in 2000.

The Melbourne Archdioceses vicar General, Monsignor Les Tomlinson, said that Mr O'Callaghan told Victorian police about the allegations when he first learned of them in 1999. He was told that the victim had already notified police that he had been sexually abused and was a witness to murder. In a sworn statement given to the archdiocese, the victim said he was first abused by the priest in Melbourne in the early 1960s when he was serving as and altar boy at the Sacred Hearth Church in Sandringham and attending a Catholic School. The abuse continued for three years. The priest has since died.

In his statement the 56-year old victim, who wishes to remain anonymous, gave details of at least three deaths - a young woman, a young man and a child - that occurred during satanic rituals over a number of years. Two victims had their throats cut and third was killed with an axe. Animals were also killed during the ceremonies.

The police advised that inquiries had been made with the homicide squad and their missing persons records and intelligence were unable to confirm the allegations and that there was no current investigation into the matter.

No comments: