Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sex And Electricity Don't Get Along

A Zimbabwean woman was electrocuted and her lover burnt on his hands while having sex in an electricity substation in Zimbabwe's second city Bulawayo, the New Ziana news agency reported on Friday.

The woman "believed to be a prostitute, was electrocuted while being intimate with her boyfriend," the news agency said, quoting a witness.

Owen Phiri said he heard a loud bang coming from the substation around 7:30 am and "rushed to investigate".

Screams were heard inside the substation and when Phiri opened a door, he discovered the badly burnt woman, still alive, with her partner.

She died shortly afterwards.

A 21-year-old man was slightly burnt on his hands and taken in for questioning by the police, while electricians from the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (ZESA) were checking for damage inside the substation, which had been left unlocked.

A security guard was electrocuted three years ago while having sex with a prostitute inside an electricity substation at a shopping centre in Chitungwiza, 25 kilometres south-east of Harare.

1 comment:

Memphis Steve said...

SHOCKING!

Sorry, had to say it.